65 EV Mustang #
This page is an overview of my project to restore a 1965 Ford Mustang and convert it to an electric car. This is a work in progress. I’ll update this page as the project progresses.
Project Goals #
- End up with practical everyday car
- 100km+ range on a single charge
- Charge at public chargers, including DC fast charging
- Car should retain the same ‘feel’ (e.g., no screens)
- All open hardware and software
- Recycle OEM parts from crashed cars
Below you’ll find the specifications the car will have when complete.
|Two 9kWh BMW PHEV battery packs connected in parallel
|Lexus gs300h transmission. Makes at least 105kw (140HP). Input shaft locked so MG1 and MG2 can both create traction.
|Prius Gen3 inverter/converter running dual motor board from EVBMW.
|Battery management system
|Custom hardware and software
|AC charging capability
|Single phase 3.3kw or three phase 10kw using Tesla Gen2 charger.
|CCS DC charging capability
|CCS DC fast charging up to 50kw using BMW LIM and custom control hardware/software
|Chademo DC charging capability
|Charging up to 50kw using custom hardware/software
|BMW i3 water heater (maybe)